Croatia Tourist Information
Croatia Top Destinations
Croatia Top Attractions
Croatia Top Beaches
Croatia Top Party Destinations
CITIZENS OF THESE COUNTRIES DON`T NEED VISA:
Bosnia & Herzegovina
- If your country isn`t listed above you can get Visa for Croatia at the consulate or embassy of the Republic of Croatia.
- Sometimes it is possible to get Croatian Visa on the Croatian border but we recommend you to get Croatia Visa before your trip.
- Tourists can stay in Croatia up to 3 months.
- Your children must have their own passports or you have to register them on your passport.
- Your pets must have a valid documents that proves that they are vaccinated. You need international certificate of registrated veterinarian in which is written that pet has been vaccinated at least 15 days and maximum 6 months ago.
- Foreign citizens can import their personal laugage with no limites.
- Foreign currency can be freely imported or exported from the country (up to 3000 EUR); up to 15 000 HRK for domestic currency. Valuable proffesional and tehnical accessories need to be reported at the border.
09.04.2009. TERMINATION OF VISAS FOR CITIZENS FROM UKRAINE, RUSSIA, INDIA & CHINA. Croatian parlament is temporarly terminated visas for citizens from Ukraine, Russia, India and China. Termination is valid from 01.05.2009. to 01.10.2009.
DO YOU NEED VISA?
Government of Republic Croatia brought an Act of visa regime, applied since 1th of December 2005. In that Act visa regime of Republic of Croatia is assigned and height of assets needed for foreign citizen to abstent during the stay in Republic of Croatia and for returning to their country or for traveling to some other country.
This Act containts list of countries whose citizens need visa to enter Republic of Croatia and stay to 90 days, or to pass through Republic of Croatia, and the list of countries whose citizens, who have valid passports can enter the Republic of Croatia without visa.
Visas are issued by the diplomatic professions, that is konsular offices of Republic of Croatia in foreign countries. Exception, visas can be issued by competent authorities for control of passing national border if it is requested by humanitarian, serious proffesional or private reasons.
Foreigner who enters Republic of Croatia with visa, can not extend visa. It can only be extended for higher force, humanitarian (urgency need for treatment, illness, death...), serious proffesional or private reasons (urgency business visit, participation in acts in front of the state body, participation in sports, cultural events, changes in aircraft and other traffic, entrance for crew shipping or landing, entrance by ships for tourist visits...). Note: in a case of extending visa, foreigner can not stay in Republic of Croatia longer that 90 days in period of 6 months, including the day of first entrance.
Visa prolongation application is supplied to competent body: police station, according to the place of staying, and the arbitration is brought by the Ministry of home affairs. Visa prolongation application has to be seeked before expiry of existing visa.
Visas can be issued exceptionaly only on specific national borders for international traffic, that is on a borders:With Slovenia: Kastel, Rupa, Pasjak, Jurovski Brod, Bregana, Macelj and Dubrava Krizovljanska;
- With Hungary: Gorican, Terezino Polje and Donji Miholjac;
- With Serbia: Erdut and Bajakovo;
- With Montenegro: Karasovici;
- With Bosnia and Herzegovina: Zupanja, Slavonski Brod, Stara Gradiska, Maljevac, Jasenovac, Hrvatska Kostajnica, Licko Petrovo Selo, Kamensko, Vinjani Donji and Metkovic;
- On all international borders for maritime and air transport;
- On borders for waterway transport: Osijek and Vukovar.
On national borders can be issued visa for only one entrance, transit visa for one transit and group visa for one entrance, and it is charged 160,00 HRK + blank form, and group visa on common passport for each person is charged 40,00 HRK + blank form.
Foreigner who has no valid passport, and is coming for tourist or business visit, in a time of crossing national border can get boundary permit, on grounds of identification card, issued by his country. Boundary permit is issued for a period of 3 months.
RESIDENCE OF FOREIGN CITIZENS
- Short term staying – foreign citizen`s staying for period to 90 days with or without visa.
Foreigner who does not need visa for entering the Republic of Croatia can stay in Republic of Croatia maximum 90 days in period of 6 months, including the day of first entrance.
Application for FIRST TEMPORAL STAY is requested from the competent diplomatic profession, that is consular office in Republic of Croatia.
Application for FIRST TEMPORAL STAY can also be requested in police station in a case of:
- Serious humanitarian reason
- Assembling of a family with asylum
- Scholar in a program authorized by Ministry of education and science
- Bounders of own company or craft
Temporal staying purposes:
- Connecting a family,
- High school aducation and study,
- Scientific research,
- Humanitarian reasons.
Exception , foreigner can stay for also other temporal purposes, 6 months longest in a period of one year.
Autonomous staying – type of temporal staying approved to a foreigner in case of connecting family in continually lasting in period of at least 4 years.
Permanent staying can be approved for foreigners who have been having 5 years long approved temporal staying. It is persumed that foreigner has been continually staying in Republic of Croatia, if in period of 10 months has been leaving legulary or if in period of 6 months has been leaving one time.
Time needed for approval of permanent staying does not include:
- Period of temporal staying in purpose of season jobs and „au pair“ work,
- Period of temporal staying for service providers in a name of foreign employer,
- Time spend for serving imprisonment.
Foreigners who have approved temporal staying in purpose of study, for approval of permanent staying counts only half of temporal staying.
Marriage of foreigners with Croatian citizen or with foreigner who has approved permanent staying in Republic of Croatia, is not foundation for getting status of permanent staying.
Permanent staying can be approved to foreigner who:
Has valid foreign passport,
- Has abstention means,
- Has health insurance,
- Knows Croatian language and Latin script,
- Is not danger for public system, national safety or public health.
Check of knowing Croatian language and Latin script can be arranged by universities.